The amphibian phenotype consists of those beings whose appearances (and/or behaviour) resembles those of amphibians.
At present, five different types have been encountered.
- Caponi-type: these beings were encountered on several occasions by Filiberto Caponi, in Pretare d'Arquata del Tronto, Italy, in 1993. He was able to take a number of photographs of them. The beings are short, about 80 cm tall, with a wet/oily glistering brown reticulated skin, and black eyes. Other accounts refer to these beings as Ginger-bread men.
- Varginha-type: similar encounters (to the Caponi case) happened in Varginha Brazil in 1996. The beings here were said to have "oily/shiny (wet?) brown skin", "large round head, small neck, large red eyes, no hair at all", "very small hands with three long fingers," "huge veins running down its neck, like a giant ox heart." An important difference with the Caponi case, however, is that these beings are said to have ridges on their skull. Witnesses claim the beings were looking for water.
- Nommo-type: the Dogon tribe in Mali mention that they have been in contact with an amphibian race of extraterrestrials that allegedly come from Sirius. They refer to these beings as the Nommo, and describe them as half human and half fish. There is a strong similarity with the Babylonian water god Oannes (Enki)who was also said to be half man, half fish. Statues of Oannes-like beings have also been found in Tiahuanaco, Bolivia and in Nevali Çori in Anatolia, Turkey.
- Frogmen: there are reports of encounters with 'frog men.' These have a humanoid body structure, are bipedal but have a head like the one of a frog. They are fairly short, 4 to 5 ft. (1.2 - 1.5 meter).
- Iargans: Wendelle Stevens and Stefan Denaerde (a pseudonym) mention an amphibian species with humanoid traits, from the planet Iarga. The inhabitants ofIarga are said to have a humanoid body structure, and are bipedal. The main differences are in the distinctly different head structure. They have very muscular, and longer arms, clawed fingers with webs in between them. "The Iargans stand approximately five feet tall. They were originally amphibians. They have webs between their fingers and toes. Compared to us, what stands out are their longer arms, the rubbery muscle formations, and the armored skulls. "
For more information, read the in-depth article at www.exopoliticssouthafrica.org/phenotypes.htm.