As a symbol, jewels can have several meanings. They can represent the Heart, the Sun and the Moon, light and heat. They can be hidden treasures of knowledge or truth; or profane love and riches. There also is the idea of shaping the soul into a gem, reflecting divine light.
- Diamond: light, life, durability, sincerity, innocence;
- Emerald: immortality, hope, youth, faithfulness;
- Lapis Lazuli: divine favor, success, ability;
- Pearl: feminine, moon, water, chastity, purity; friendship;
- Ruby: dignity, zeal, power, love, passion, beauty, invulnerable;
- Sapphire: truth, heavenly virtues;
- Topaz: divine goodness, faithfulness, friendship;
- Turquoise: courage, fulfillment, success.