From the Wikipedia: "Jacques Fabrice Vallée (born September 24, 1939 in Pontoise, Val-d'Oise, France) is a venture capitalist, computer scientist, author, ufologist and former astronomer, currently residing in San Francisco, California.
In mainstream science, Vallee is notable for co-developing the first computerized mapping of Mars for NASA and for his work at SRI International on the network information center for the ARPANET, a precursor to the modern Internet. Vallee is also an important figure in the study of unidentified flying objects (UFOs), first noted for a defense of the scientific legitimacy of the extraterrestrial hypothesis and later for promoting the interdimensional hypothesis."
Initially, in his work Vallée pointed out the similarities between UFO encounters and faerie folklore.
Nowadays, he is convinced that most UFOs are actually man-made, as a part of covert military weapon projects. Even more, he is convinced that a lot of the information about UFOs are actually part of mind control and sociological manipulation projects.
He thinks Crop Circles, too, are man-made as most of them are made next to military bases involved in covert weapons projects.
Vallée may have been a member of the Aviary, known as Partridge.
Jacques F. Vallée should not to confused with the Canadian astronomer Jacques P. Vallee.
UFO related books he authored:
- Anatomy of a Phenomenon: Unidentified Objects in Space – a Scientific Appraisal (1st hardcover ed.). NTC/Contemporary Publishing. January 1965. ISBN 0-8092-9888-0.
- Challenge to Science: The UFO Enigma – with Janine Vallée (NTC/Contemporary Publishing, 1966)
- Passport to Magonia: From Folklore to Flying Saucers. Chicago, IL, U.S.A.: Publ. Henry Regnery Co. 1969.
- The Invisible College: What a Group of Scientists Has Discovered About UFO Influences on the Human Race (1st ed.). Dutton. 1975.
- The Edge of Reality: A Progress Report on Unidentified Flying Objects – Jacques Vallée and Dr. J. Allen Hynek (Quality Books, 1975)
- Messengers of Deception: UFO Contacts and Cults (paperback ed.). And/Or Press. June 1979. ISBN 0-915904-38-1.
- Dimensions: A Casebook of Alien Contact (1st ed.). Contemporary Books. April 1988. ISBN 0-8092-4586-8.
- Confrontations – A Scientist's Search for Alien Contact (hardcover ed.). Ballantine Books. March 1990. ISBN 0-345-36453-8.
- Revelations: Alien Contact and Human Deception (1st ed.). Ballantine Books. September 1991. ISBN 0-345-37172-0.
- UFO Chronicles of the Soviet Union: A Cosmic Samizdat (Ballantine Books, 1992)
- Forbidden Science: Journals, 1957-1969 (North Atlantic Books, 1992; ISBN 0615187242)
- Forbidden Science, Volume Two: Journals, 1970-1979 — California Hermetica (San Francisco: Documatica Research, 2009; ISBN 0578032317)
- Wonders in the Sky: Unexplained Aerial Objects from Antiquity to Modern Times (paperback ed.). Tarcher. 2010. ISBN 1-58542-820-5.
- Forbidden Science, Volume Three: Journals, 1980-1989 — On the Trail of Hidden Truths (self-published with Lulu Press, 2016)
- Forbidden Science 4: The Spring Hill Chronicles, The Journals of Jacques Vallee 1990-1999 (self-published with Lulu Press, 2019)
- THE BEST KEPT SECRET: Groundbreaking Research Reveals A New UFO History (Partners Press, 2021)