The term "Breakaway Civilization" was coined by Richard Dolan after his exhaustive and extensive research into his books UFOs and the National Security State Volumes 1 and 2. He came to the realization that the deep secretive black budget world had actually become a civilization on its own with its own exotic technology, a different view of the cosmos, our place in it, and a different version of Human history. (http://breakawaycivilization.com/about/)
In one of his lectures (San Mateo), he defined a breakaway civilizations as "a radically advanced and increasingly separate structure that has access to classified science and data denied to the rest of us."
In After Disclosure he described the Breakaway Civilization as follows:
"There is a clandestine group that possesses:
- Technology that is vastly superior to that of the “mainstream” world.
- The ability to explore areas of our world and surroundings presently unavailable to the rest of us.
- Possible interactions or encounters with the Others who are here in our reality.
- Scientific and cosmological understandings that give them greater insights into the nature of our world. A significant “built-off-the-grid” infrastructure, partially underground, that affords them a high degree of secrecy and independence of action."
Controversial and self-proclaimed whistleblower Corey Goode claims there is not one, but at least 11 breakaway civilizations. Most of these would be subterranean. Some of those used to be in an alliance - allegedly called the Secret Space Program Alliance - but would have split up. He does not provide any evidence whatsoever to back up his claims.
- Richard Dolan & Bryce Zabel, A.D. After Disclosure: When the Government Finally Reveals the Truth About Alien Contact, Career Press, Kindle Edition, Kindle Locations 1103-1109.