European Exopolitics Summits
Thus far, two European Exopolitics Summits have been held.Â
The European Exopolitics Summit in Barcelona
Â The Barcelona Summit was held on July 25-26, 2009 in Barcelona, Spain, and was an initiative of Jose Jover del Pozo. The two-day event included presentations by a number of speakers and panelists, and was live-streamed over the Internet. Many videos with presentations can still be found on the Internet.
At the end of the event, the organizers, speakers and panelists launched a 'Declaration for the creation of a European Agency for UFOs & Extraterrestrial Affairs.'Â The Declaration was modeled on a 1978 United Nations General Assembly Decision 33/426 calling for the âEstablishment of an agency or a department of the United Nations for undertaking, coordinating and disseminating the results of research into unidentified flying objects and related phenomena.â The goal in releasing the Declaration was to spur European governments and citizen organizations to cooperate in collection and analysis of UFO data. The Declaration refers to a number of precedents, like the aforementioned UN GA Decision, the release by several countries of their UFO files, as well as the French COMETA report.
The European Exopolitics Summit in Porto
The European Exopolitics Summit, held in Porto in May 2011, and organized by Francisco Mourao Correa, reconfirmed the calls from the Barcelona Summit. In a web site set up for this purpose, the European exopolitical groups affirm their common goals (www.exopoliticseurope.eu):
- To Promote and disseminate reliable information about the UFO topic in cooperation with organizations worldwide
- To promote the implementation of United Nations Decision 33/426 about government-funded, scientific studies of the UFO phenomenon on a national level
- To promote the creation of an international political commission within the United Nations, which is to develop ideas about how to integrate the reality of ET visitors on our planet into society and legislation
- To promote government-funded, scientific studies of UFO technology and new energy systems
- To promote scientific studies of a potential paradigm shift on our planet, taking into account the philosophical and socio-cultural implications of new physics
- To promote the declassification of government and military documents relating to the UFO phenomenon
- To promote open, unbiased media reporting on UFO sightings worldwide, physical evidence for the reality of the UFO phenomenon, testimonies from hundreds of former military and civilian witnesses, some of whom have been advocating hearings before the United States Congress.